As a New Year approaches, what better time to think about scheduling your yearly health exams? Below is a list of recommended exams from the National Institutes of Health that many people need to plan for this year. Go ahead and set up these exams now – and prepare for good health in 2012!
Adult men and women:
- Blood pressure screening
- Cholesterol screening/heart disease prevention
- Diabetes screening
- Eye Exam
- Dental Exam
- Preventative health check (every 2 years)
In addition to the exams listed above, here are other appointments you should consider making based on your age and gender.
Men and women over 50:
All adult women:
- Breast exam
- Pap smear/pelvic exam
Women over age 40:
Men over age 50:
- Prostate cancer screening (45 if you are African American)
Poll Recap: Which germy place in the mall surprised you the most?
- Clothing that has been tried on by other people (41%)
- Display items at technology stores (such as phones and computers) (29%)
- Makeup samples (24%)
- Food court tables (6%)