Here’s another great, gluten-free recipe from Chef Nancy Waldeck with Cancer Wellness at Piedmont.
Veggie Satay with Peanut Sauce
- 3 Kaffir Lime Leaves or 3 TB Lime Zest
- ½ Cup Packed Cilantro
- 6 Cloves Garlic
- 1 (16 Oz) Can Coconut Milk
- 3 TB Canola Oil
- 3 TB Garam Masala
- 3 TB Honey
- ¼ Cup Tamari
- ½ Tsp each Sea Salt and Pepper
- 1 Tsp Turmeric
- 6 Asparagus Spears cut in 2” lengths
- 1 Medium Red or Yellow Onion in 1” pieces
- 6 Baby Corn, Cut in Half
- 2 Red, Yellow or Orange Bell Peppers in 1” pieces
- 10 Small Baby Bella Mushrooms, halved if necessary
- Easy Peanut Sauce**
Place the first 11 ingredients in a blender and puree to make a marinade.
Place the veggies in the marinade and set aside for about 30 minutes while you make the peanut sauce. Remove the veggies from the marinade and thread them on skewers. Grill or broil until browned on the edges.
Easy Peanut Sauce
- 2 TB Canola Oil
- 2 TB Red Curry Paste
- 1 Cup Light Coconut Milk
- 2 TB Honey
- 1 TB Tamari or Light Soy Sauce
- 1 Tsp Lemon Juice
- Finely Chopped Roasted Peanuts
Heat the oil over medium heat in a sauce pan, add the curry paste and cook and stir until fragrant. Stir in the coconut milk, honey, tamari lemon juice and peanut sauce. Serve in small bowls as a dipping sauce for the satays.